Thursday, October 9, 2008

Praying Purposefully for your Preschooler



PRAYING PURPOSEFULLY FOR YOUR PRESCHOOLER
The speaker for Fern Nichols who founded Moms In Touch International. Her main objective was to tell us that prayer works and prayer can change your life, your mothering, and your children. It was so evident that she has a love for everyone & everone's children. Her life's desire is that we all pray for our children. Who knows what issues/difficulties we have with our children that can be resolved through the power of prayer!

Four steps of prayer:
1) Praise - the five attributes of God:
(a) always there - Hebrews 13:5-6
(b) always answers - Ps. 34:17
(c) always understands - Ps. 103.14
(d) always forgives - 1 John 1:9
(e) always loves - Romans 5:8
2) Confession
3) Thanksgiving - for how He's answered our prayers or hasn't
4) Intercession - Pray the scriptures

How do you pray the scriptures?? I thought this was the best part!! I'm going to provide a couple of examples, but I can copy you the entire sheet if you are interested. Place your child's name in these Scriptures, knowing with certainty you are praying God's will.

Relationship with God - "Merciful Lord, I ask that _____ will love You will all his/her heart and with all his/her soul and with all his/her mind." Matthew 22:37

Obedience to parents: "Loving Father, I ask that ____ would obey his/her parents in everything, for this pleases you." Colossians 3:20

More information about Moms in Touch can be found at www.momsintouch.org

Thanks for reading this! I pray it gives you the desire to pray for your children.

In Him,
Dana Schmitt

No comments: